Boulder wildlife removal - article of the month
How to keep squirrels off your deck
Squirrels might be cute when you observe them running up and down trees in the park. They are less impressive when they start invading your space. This is particularly true when they start nesting underneath your porch or chewing your deck.
Squirrels will chew on anything that they Boulder raccoon removal find. This is because their teeth are continuously growing and they need to grind it down to prevent it from getting overly long. In the absence of trees, this often leads them to chew on your wooden deck. This can present quite an expensive problem if you are incapable of finding a way to stop it.
How to stop squirrels from chewing on your deck
· Divert them away from your deck by placing Boulder snake removal food that they like to eat in other parts of the garden.
· You can use soap or vinegar to repel them. Rub the soap on the areas where they are chewing. The combination of the smell and the taste puts them off. Apple cider vinegar is very pungent. Place rags that have been soaked in it around the areas where the squirrels are chewing. You can even try rubbing it on the deck.
· Mix Tabasco sauce with water and put it in a spray bottle. You can then spray on and around the Boulder rat control area where they are chewing.
Keeping them off your deck
The easiest way to keep them from destroying your deck is to keep them off completely. This means that you need to find a way to keep them from climbing onto it.
· Allow your dogs to roam the deck during the day. The Boulder bat removal squirrels are less likely to go onto the deck if they think they might be threatened.
· Spend time outside. Just like the dogs, squirrels are skittish of humans. If they observe you outside in the deck they might stay off in the hopes of eluding you.
· If your deck is raised you can cover the posts with galvanized steel. This will prevent the squirrels from being able to climb up.
· Spray deer repellent on the deck. This will keep the squirrels at bay and should keep other Boulder rodent extermination critters away too. You can also spray it onto any poles or walls that squirrels are using to get onto your deck.
· Pour cayenne pepper around the deck. Make sure that you are using enough pepper that you are able to see a discernable line. The squirrels shouldn’t cross the line.
· There are multiple devices available that promises to deter pests from your property. They include ultrasonic devices, sound machines and plastic birds of prey. None of them are foolproof, and they won’t work indefinitely but they may keep your deck squirrel free for a while.
· Make sure to trim all trees that are in the vicinity of your Boulder bird control home. This will limit the ways in which the squirrel can access your deck. If there are tree branches hanging over it, it will be close to impossible to keep the squirrels off.
Other Boulder animal pest control topics:
What is a Boulder snake’s mating habits, when do they have babies or lay eggs?
Which is easier to trap - Boulder mice or rats?
How to Protect Stream or Pond from a Boulder Deer Attack
Trusted Methods to Kill Boulder Beavers
The majority of calls we receive are from homeowners and tenants who have heard a scurrying sound in the middle of the night - one that seems to be coming from the ceiling and walls. The animal may have lived there for some time before you realized it’s invasion, and the damage can be very extensive. We will also take care of that - repairing any damage the wild animal had caused to a professional standard, and also sealing up holes once the animal has been evicted / excluded, to ensure it can never return. If you can’t find the animal, don’t worry. We can do that for you, and we’ve got ten years of experience to back our practices. That combined with our state of the art tools, makes us a family run business that you can really put your trust into. When you’re dealing with your home - the four walls and a roof that is meant to keep your family safe - you really do need a wildlife control service you can count on. Give us a call today to find out how our 24/7 technicians in your area can help you with your wildlife control issue. We can give you a free quote, or just some free advice - our solution will be bespoke to you.
We service Larimer County, Weld County, Broomfield County, Jefferson County,
Gilpin County, Grand County, and more. We also service Lafayette,
Longmont, Louisville, Erie, Jamestown,
Lyons, Nederland, Superior, Town of Ward, Allenspark, Eldora, Leyner, Sugarloaf, Altona,
Eldorado Springs, Mountain Meadows, Sunshine, Bark Ranch, Glendale, Niwot, Tall Timber,
Bonanza Mountain Estates, Gold Hill, Paragon Estates, Valmont, Coal Creek, Gun Barrel,
Pine Brook Hill, Wondervu, Crisman, Lazy Acres, St. Ann Highlands, and more.
We are ready to solve your Boulder wildlife removal issue!